Boy oh boy do we have a treat for you. Join Mike, Mark, Clare, Dot, Olivia, Mark number 2 and Chris in a multi university Pedagogic Poetry Slam mashup.
- Beat Poet Mark Childs gives lectures the gentle treatment.
- Piratical buccaneer Clare Hill shanties our ship about the benefits of ICEBERGs.
- Ghost of a Victorian music hall performer Mark Williams relates an alphabet of design principles.
- Iambic Pentameter Polymath Olivia Rowland laments information abundance.
- Renaissance raconteur Chris Cox Suess’s narrative and in learning design.
- Merited master of creative writing Dot ‘The Doz’ Coley gives us a piece on personal development planning.
- And ‘on your bike’ Mike Collins tries to summarise 2 years of pedagogic podcasting in a limerick that spirals out of control.
Turns out poems are a pretty good way of summarising something for quick reference. If you’d like to download any of these to help with your own practice you can get the individual clips here:
- Mark Childs – Lectures
- Clare Hill – ICEBERG
- Mark Williams – Design principles
- Olivia Rowland – Pedagogy of abundance
- Chris Cox – Narrative
- Dot Coley – Personal Development Planning (PDP)
- Mike Collins – Summarising 2 years of pedagogic podcasting
(Oh yeah, there’s a bit where Mark C and Mark W talk about playing golf together. What they forgot to mention was that this was in VR using their Oculus Quest headsets, instead of flaunting lockdown rules by breaking in to a real life golf course like a pair of lunatics.)